“Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see.”~C. Ten Boom
When Joseph was sitting in prison he didn’t see the future that was ahead of him. When Ruth told Naomi that she would stay with her, that she would worship Naomi’s God and follow her back to her people, she did not have a clue who Boaz was. When Esther was born, how could she have ever known that one day she would be chosen to be Queen…
Like those whose lives we read about in history we can also look at our lives much the same way…
- The summer after university little did I know a chance meeting with a girl in a Starbucks in Niagara Falls would lead me to living in London.
- Last February my darling friend didn’t know that the guy we invited over to play charades would be the man she would be married to not even 12 months later.
- I never thought that the man I met at a picnic would be my first love.
- A set up one Christmas break led to my beautiful friend meeting her husband.
- A quiet chat with a very powerful woman in social justice led not only to a friend of mine moving to Africa to live out her dream but eventually to meeting the man she would marry.
“Little did we know…”
Although I’m still unsure of the fact that God sets up all these meetings, I do believe that He uses everything to His purposes.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose Romans 8:28
There’s a fab song from Newsboys called Entertaining Angels…It’s about how we don’t know who we’re meeting, it could be an angel that we’re speaking to.
I’d like to take that one step further. Each day, each person we meet, each task we’re given, each situation we go through God can and will use. That’s why I challenge myself and you to look at each moment and take care of it. Honour what is in front of you.
Do not despise the days of small beginnings (Zechariah 4) and in all things value that which you are given…you never know where it will lead.